A Boy Scout is Always Prepared

Saturday, July 05, 2008 10:12 AM

My cousin Larry and my uncle Bill are both Eagle Scouts. I made it to the level of Life Scout (one level shy of the Eagle honor). My cousin's son, Micah, is also in the Boy Scouts. He was picnicking in Utah's Big Cottonwood Canyon yesterday when he was called up on to put the Boy Scout motto (Be Prepared) into action to help an injured hiker (on a trail where another hiker was killed earlier in the week).

Despite the very public problems the Boy Scouts face, Micah is an example of the kind of quality young men the organization produces.

1 comments:

Mrs. Weasley in PA said...

Dear Cousin Mike:
Not only is Micah in Boy Scouts, but as a Cub Scout just last summer he earned his Arrow of Light Award. Also, my husband, his father, is an Eagle Scout. Go Scouts!
Love,
Danielle

I'm a Twittering Fool