Turkey for Me and a Turkey for You

Thursday, November 27, 2008 9:30 PM

Update: If you're having trouble with the image link below, please try this one.

Thanksgiving is a big holiday for me. It's the one holiday where family -- immediate, extended and those you pick up along the way -- get together to, well, give thanks for what we have. For me, that traditionally means tons of people crowded around a too small table with kids relegated to a makeshift table in the living room, uncles crashed on the couch and Detroit football on the television. Tradition. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Until today. This year, we broke with tradition -- and for good reason. Friends set us up with passes to the 34th Street bleachers in front of Macy's for the annual Thanksgiving Day Parade. (Rick and John, thank you once again!). I posted images here.

We got an early start, lucked out with the weather and enjoyed the floats, marching bands and balloons streaming by right in front of us. The girls even got to see Miley Cyrus and Miranda Cosgrove up close.

(For the record, I was able to keep some of the tradition alive by crashing on my sister-in-law's couch after the parade -- and after some great turkey -- while the Cowboy's played on the television.)

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments:

I'm a Twittering Fool